Low voltage or no voltage; causes and remedies
- If there is no voltage
- If a shot circuit is external or anti-charge, overcharge takes place
- If there is cell expansion, constant high efficiency of electric current or anodes come into direct contact than overcharging results into short circuit.
- Be sure that your battery is without voltage or electric current.
- Save it from short circuit.
- Protect it from too heavy pressure and the collision.
- When the battery is automatically discharged you should fully charge it.
Why is my new laptop battery not functioning?
Since new batteries are sent without being charged, they should be charged before the use. It is recommended to charge it overnight (for around twelve hours) in case of the Ni-Cd batteries. In case of the Nickel Metal Hydride, you should charge it for 24 hours. You should always go through the user manual for charging instruction. Batteries which are rechargeable should be cycled- first fully charged and then discharged, generally 2 to 4 times. It allows them to reach their full capacity. (Note: If you see that battery has become warm while charging, don't worry as it is normal for a battery to become warm while charging and discharging).