Do you want to extend the life of the laptop battery? There are various factors
that affects the time period in which a battery can deliver power before it must
Here are a few tips to enhance the life of your laptop battery life:
- When you are not using your notebook for a long period (a week or more), you should take out the battery pack from the notebook.
- Avoid battery being exposed to excessive heat or chilling temperatures. Never leave the battery in the car in summer. When battery is hot, it discharges rather quickly, while the cold battery does not produce much power.
- Always make sure that you plug laptop charger adapter into a UPS and not directly into a power outlet or surge protector.
- Completely drain and recharge the battery, if it is a nickel-metal hydride battery do it once in a month. It will maximize its capacity to hold a charge.
- The battery should be fully charged before you use it. Full charging and discharging is imperative a few times before it operates in its full capacity.
- You should re-install the battery inside every three-four weeks if your laptop works as Desktop Replacement.
If you leave a battery in a laptop while you use an electrical outlet for a long period, the life cycle of the battery is reduced as it keeps on charging the battery.